Allergy and Asthma Testing
Diagnosis begins with a consultation, physical examination and a review of the patient’s complete medical history. Based on this collected information, our provider can then recommend testing to identify the offending allergens.
Test options include:
- Skin tests for environmental, food, and insect allergens.
- Blood tests, including ImmunoCAP Assay.
- Patch tests for contact dermatitis.
- Testing for medications.
- Pulmonary function tests for asthma or other respiratory problems.
- Complete blood count and nasal smear.
- Test results are interpreted by our physician on-site at McGovern Allergy and Asthma Clinic.
When testing, special care is taken with children and patients who may be apprehensive about the testing process.
To better serve our patients, allergy and asthma test results are interpreted on-site at our COLA-certified medical laboratory in accordance with CLIA requirements.